Re: [IRCA] Sony SRF-M37

Dennis and Others,

     All the documentation on the web (including  Dr. Xin's interesting site
referenced by Gil) indicates that the SRF-M37 has  equal AM sensitivity to the
SRF-59, so with the digital functions and the 9  kHz spread, you may actually
have a more TP-capable radio than the SRF-59.  Since I don't have the
"shootout" review SRF-37 yet, I don't yet know for sure  which one will have the
edge.  As Patrick, Nick and others have  noticed, the recent TP propagation has
favored the Asian sunset (0090-1030 UTC),  instead of the west coast sunrise
(1430-1530 UTC).  All three of  the TP's I received on the SRF-59 were received
at the Asian sunset  propagation peak, so I would recommend that time, if
possible.

     Fair warning to you though, Dennis--- after you  first receive a TP on
one of these tiny radios, you will never be quite the  same, hi.

                                                                         73,
Gary