[IRCA] Radio Dog

During a recent trip my wife and I were on we drove around the back woods of
Georgia. On one back road I saw a sign in front of a broken down shanty
style house: "Talking Dog for Sale ." Well I needed a break so I stopped to
see what the deal was. I went into the backyard and see a nice looking
 Labrador retriever sitting there.

"You talk?" I ask.

"Yep," the Lab replies.

Well after I got over the shock of hearing a dog talk, I asked "So, what's
 your story?"

"Ah shucks there ain't much to tell. Is that a VUU screwdriver antenna on
 your truck out there?"

"How did you know that," I ask?

The Lab looks up and says, "Well, I'm a ham radio operator. I got my Ticket
 when I was a young pup and in no time at all I had my 5 band DXCC in Phone
 and CW.

The CIA heard about me and asked me to do some spy work for them. I would
 hang around the communications centers and with my keen hearing I could
copy
 the transmissions. Because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping, I
 was one of their most valuable spies for eight years." Copying high speed
CW
 all day really tired me out and I knew I wasn't getting any younger.

So, I decided to settle down. I retired from the CIA (8 dog years is 56 CIA
 years) and joined a ham radio club. In fact I won fourth place in the
 10GHz and Up contest two years in a row. Then I sired a mess of puppies and
 got away from Ham Radio for a while. I sure miss my radio. Why don't you
buy
 me and I'll be your CW operator in the Georgia QSO Party?

I said "let me see what I can do." I went back in and ask the owner what he
 wants for the dog.

"Ten dollars," the guy says.

"Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you selling him
so cheap?"

"Because he's a liar. He never did any of that stuff. He's just a
No-Code Technician."

Gil NN4CW