Re: [IRCA] Sony SRF-59 Walkman Review Completed

Re: [IRCA] Sony SRF-59 Walkman Review Completed

Gil,

     Thanks for your kind comments, and the SRF-59  review (and the
surprising "shootout") were great fun for me.  It's nice to  know that the review has
motivated others to give this astonishing little radio  a try.

     After completely disassembling the Walkman, I took  a digital photo of
the circuit board, which I will send you shortly.   Having discrete components
(not surface-mount), experimentation would indeed be  quite possible on this
analog circuit, not only to modify this SRF-59, but also  to transplant some of
its astonishing components (the proprietary IC chip,  bandpass filter, etc.)
into other analog radios with serious image, spurious,  sensitivity or
selectivity issues.  For an incurable tinkerer like myself,  this $16 radio's unique,
superb parts make it truly a bargain of incredible  proportions, hi.

                                                                    73,  Gary
 (N7EKX)