[IRCA] Longwave - Dom Rep 450 and mystery around 448 (cx Au)

[IRCA] Longwave - Dom Rep 450 and mystery around 448 (cx Au)

450 LW beacon BEHIND Dominican Republic.

I have nobody listed in my various paper lists, but
someone is poking through behind 450 PPA in La Plata.
Actually, this second station is noted on 447 USB and
is fighting for its life. La Plata is much stronger
than normal, but my unID is very weak and I'll bet it
is 448. I've made out G and Z as among the letters.
Some lightning crashes hindering things further. Not
much going on E-W with the LW beacons, but have heard
GA and NC ones with decent signals, suggesting mildly
auroral conditions. Some Cubans and Venezuelans in,
but nothing notable in terms of signal strengths.

I have a tentative on 910 in Valdosta GA earlier. I've
heard it lots in the past few years. The station in
question is playing pop and had an ad for a university
in "Lakeland Florida".

Saul
at Burnt River ON