[IRCA] UNID's 1440

I still don't have an idea what the Dutch sounding station was, maybe
was German, but did not sound quite like it. At first it sounded a bit
Danish?? Anway, then this Arabic sounding signal took over and boy was I
excited, two possible TAs on 1440. I have the Domestics phased, so only
getting NW/N/NE, but little did I know, my first thought of Arabic?? Was
NOT!!! The more I listened to it, the more I realized it was Punjabi.
Apparently the format is in Alberta too! Boy, was that a letdown. Oh
well...such is life....Back to the drawing board...err. radio.....

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager