From: "Nigel Pimblett" <njp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 19, 2007 8:57 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TAs Tonight

  After our success in the afternoons up at Lamont thought I'd try some
afternoons here, and this was the first one when I've had a chance.
Started listening at 2245 UTC, by which time 1575 was already a strong
carrier (actually, it faded gradually after 2300).   Noted about 25
carriers between 2245 and 2345, some quite decent (1575, 585, 693, 855,
1377 at times) but most rather weak.  Oddly, the only channel that made
it to audio was 1044, where I've never heard a TA before.   Just after
2300 heard a woman giving what sounded like news, then at 2305 it was
into some hard to describe music, almost Arabic sounding but not
quite.    Checking again just now  (0245) things aren't as good as
earlier.  A handful of carriers, but only the regular 1134 and 1215 are
substantial.
   Just my luck, things are gettting interesting again, and now I have
to leave town for a week!

73,

Nigel Pimblett
Dunmore, Alberta