[IRCA] Quick listen 11/19/07

About 0620 PST (1420 UTC) turned the Drake on and got my usual chorus of
buzzes & whirrs etc. but in checking 774 found JOUB Akita with best
signal in quite awhile.  Woman talking (sounded like a travelogue) in
English.  Good solid audio. My QRN didn't allow much other audio except
quite weak 657 North Korea playing some instrumental music.  Oddly they
were received better without the filters.  Tried 828-good solid het on
KNCO-830 but no audio found.  Many, many other hets on low end of dial
as well.  594 covered by weird loud noise.  747 had good het but
KCBS-740 splattered muchly.  Good hets on 702 & 711.

Tried JOUB again just before 1500 UTC but pretty much all gone by then
as it was quite bright outside.

As one can see the QRN takes a lot of the zest out of dxing here.  Much
prefer 'Master of Orion'.

Don