[IRCA] KDWN & WGN Westport

Good Evening:

Did not DX this morning.  Needed a break from getting up early.  While at Westport I took along a pocket radio, Sony walkman SRF m37v.  It covers AM-FM and weather channels.  It's hard for me to fall asleep.  The best thing for me is to listen to Phil Hendrie.  I'll be asleep in minutes.  KPAM 860 Carries his show, but it does not make it to Westport.  KDWN carries the show at 11 pm PST.  While listening on KDWN a station underneath was close to KDWN level.  Null KDWN and WGN pop up with an ID and talk about Midway airport.  Turned the radio a bit and KDWN was on top.  Not  bad for a $.29.00 radio.  No speaker, but it works well with the C Crane pillow speaker that they sell.  The only  thing I don't like about the radio is that it is powered by 1 AAA  battery.  Batteries don't last that long.

Dennis,
Vancouver, WA