Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: WFAW DX Test

I really like the idea of using UTC with DX test
notifications. But there is no avoiding the risk of a
time miscalculation. If using UTC, the person
organizing the test would need to make sure they - and
the engineer at the station- are both on the same page
in converting local time to UTC. This could get
tricky, especially close to a time change or when
dealing with an area where there is no time change.
So, no matter what system is used, UTC or local time,
the people organizing and running a test have to be
very careful to set the right time. It would of course
be pretty straigh forward for any DXer able to
calculate UTC. But wouldn't it be funny (Not!) if the
organizers of a test and the station got it wrong and
tested at a time when no one was listening... My
bottom line is I will happily go with the flow, but I
I could get very used to doing al my DX reportage and
communication in UTC, because it is universal.
However, that does not change the fact that we would
still have to take care with our time zone
number-crunching.

Saul Chernos