Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WFAW DX Test

On Monday 12 November 2007 01:45, saulamdx wrote:
> Niel Wolfish and I have swep tones and occasional bits
> of morse code, at Burnt River ON (north of Toronto).

I haven't listened to much of my recordings yet, but I can confirm
that I also heard the test.  Nothing much in the first 15 minutes
starting at 0100 EST, so I skipped ahead to 0200 and immediately
heard sweeps leading up to TOH.  Then a WFAW ID in slow code starting
around 0201:20, followed by more sweeps.

> Montreal is clearly dominant with Rollye James hosting
> C2C talk about UFOs. Country music is likely Yorkton
> SA. There's a sports talker in there to the south
> which may be WGRP Greenville PA (based on a late-night
> logging yesterday).

Much the same here, with semi-local CINW of course dominant, and
"GX-94" fairly good at times.  The sports talker was definitely WGRP,
as I heard them ID at 0300 (2 Watts, eh?).

WFAW was unneeded here, but, as always, these tests are much
appreciated!

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON