[IRCA] SDR remote operation

I was looking over the SDR-14 tonight to see how it could be operated
remotely.  It looks very easy.  There is a program in the C:\Program
Files\Spectravue\ folder called SDRxxServer.exe which sets it up.  Click on
it, hit "Stop" and change the port number to whatever is appropriate for the
internet router in use, and restart.  Should come up in a Waiting mode.
This does require a static IP address on the host computer.

On the remote end, start Spectravue as normal.  In the SDR-xx setup tab
change the Interface Selection to Network.  Then in the Network area, change
to the correct IP address and port.  Then start things as normal.

As a test, I started the server program and set the port to a convenient
one.  Default is 50000 which may not work on some routers or systems.  Then
in the Spectravue program itself, I set the IP address to 127.0.0.1 which is
the computer itself, and selected the correct port.  I selected the Network
interface, started it up, and it worked just fine.

I don't have a static IP address at home, and my office is too noisy
electrically.  I'm going to see if I can set the radio up temporarily at a
client that does have a static IP and see just how well it works.  This just
seems to easy to be true.

If anyone wants to test theirs out for remote operation, drop me a note
offlist.  The SDR-14 and SDR-IQ both should work.  It does require that
static IP address.

Picture one of these installed permanently at Grayland or Newfoundland...

Craig Healy
Providence, RI