[IRCA] Minor Palstar R30CC mod

Had a dial lamp go out in my Palstar R30CC radio recently.  Rather than
simply put another lamp in, I decided to use LEDs.

I used three Radio Shack 276-320 white LEDs.  3.6v, 20ma.  All I did was
push them into the existing Palstar grommets used to hold the three factory
lamps.  They light the frequency readout and S-Meter quite well.

For a nominal 12v lamp, four of these in series would work quite well.  They
are rather bright.

I added a 220 ohm resistor across two terminals on the the switch on the
back to select between full brightness and a dimmer setting, rather than
on/off.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI