Re: [IRCA] IBOC battle begins

Hi Patrick:

It surprises me as well - I would say half of the time I get XETRA in just
enough to make CBU difficult to listen to for long-term content listening,
and occasionally strong enough to actually dominate the channel.  It seems
like I am in a dead pocket for CBU when it shifts to its night pattern - I
always got it in much better when I lived in Seattle just 10 miles to the
east.  Right now the two stations are neck-and-neck, with the TOH chimes
from XETRA drowning out the CBC hourly news only 100 or so miles away!
CBX often has the edge over KCBS on 740 (with CHWO occasionally humming a
tune in the background), but 990 and 1010 are really tough with KOMO-1000
launching all 50,000 of its watts at me from 9 miles away!

Kevin