Re: [IRCA] IBOC battle begins

--- John Cereghin <jcereghin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> As a DXer since 1976 (trolling on all the bands, from MW to VHF over
> those years), I can say that I do, when I can find a program worth
> listening to.

*** And I think this aptly illustrates one of Scott's secondary points
- the decline of AM over the past years is such that there is less to
listen to. Baseball games come to mind for me in particular, but when
you have an AM dial with as much syndicated talk, opinion or whatever
programs on at least one station in every market, the number of ethic
stations broadcasting in languages I can't understand, the number of
local phone-talk programs featuring hosts and callers who are mostly
infatuated with themselves or, yes, too many religious broadcasters on
AM as well, there's really not much left to listen to on AM.

Russ Edmunds
Blue Bell, PA ( 360' ASL )
[15 mi NNW of Philadelphia]
40:08:45N; 75:16:04W, Grid FN20id