Re: [IRCA] KOHI 1600 KVRI

Paul B. Walker, Jr. wrote:
> I'd be curious to see exactly wat the problem with ONE of the 11 antennas
> is. I find it hard to believe one bad tower out of the 6 would cause this
> much of a problem. The people complaining are probably on KOHI's unprotected
> fringe coverage anyways.

It's possible, with just a few minutes of actual research in place of
random guesswork, to determine whether or not KVRI's six night towers
are the same six towers it uses during the day. They are, and the answer
is as close as fccinfo.com, where we find that the same six Antenna
Structure Registration numbers appear on the nighttime record for KVRI
as on the day record.

What's more, four of those towers are also used by sister station KARI
550, which was there first. (The KARI records at fccinfo.com don't
include ASR numbers, but the coordinates are the same as KVRI, the tower
heights match - 97.5 meters all around - and a look at the KVRI records
show that four of the ASR numbers are fairly old, while two more were
issued later on, when the two additional towers were added for the KVRI
diplex.)

I have no clue where the "11 towers" business came from.

If the KVRI array is in fact out of whack, that's not just a problem for
KOHI. Any RF that KVRI is sending south is going away from that
station's target listeners north of the border in the Vancouver market,
and it needs every watt it can get to hot those listeners up north.