[IRCA] Deep Cycle battery back up

Today, I added another wire and plug so I can power the Quantum Phaser
too. So except for setting up a couple RV type lights in the DX room, I
am all set for power outages. If the power is also knocked out in
Astoria, which often it is, I can keep my Northern phase with the phaser
and maybe I can nab KIFW/KVAK on 1230, with KKEE off.   I do want to
make an adaptor for the portable cassette recorder I have so I can
record from the R8. The only output is the earphone jack and presume
that to be 8 ohms too.
   There might be slightly less noise running the R8 off the battery
too.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin