[IRCA] TP vs. TA activity

At 23:56 02/11/2007, you wrote:
>At 10:47 AM 11/2/2007, you wrote:
> >Well, so much for my theory that a TA opening is generally followed by a
> >decent TP morning.   T
>Nigel, my experience does not support that theory.  I've seen no
>correlation with TA vs. TP activity.  Anyone else have any other
>observations?  .........Walt.

So far, the only real correlation seems to be that somewhat quiet
geomagnetic conditions are needed for either, but there are other
forces in play.   A big drifting absorptive cloud in or under the
ionosphere would seem to fill the bill nicely for what we actually observe, hi.

Having said that, in the 70's I recall listening to the BBC on 647
fading out with British sunrise, to be replaced by whatever Russian
far eastern broadcaster was on that channel then, as the sun set there.

(see in your mind's eye, picture of elderly geezers reminiscing about
the good old days....)

best wishes,

Nick