[IRCA] Antenna change

Jim Renfrew, Holley NY

Wondering why two of my three wires don't work, I substituted the antenna
transformer from the working south wire to the new northeast wire, and it
seems to indicate that the transformer that had been there is defective.
This means that two of my three transfoemrs are defective.  I'm getting
decent copy of Maine "Easy 1240" on 780 at 1710 edt.  I have hight hopes for
this wire, because it is aimed northeast and ought to give me some better
TAs.  It took all summer for the quarry pond water to drop to a point that I
could get across to the other side.  This wire required some serious
bushwhacking, and when I got to the far end it was aimed right at the
neighbor's house.  If I can shift it further to the north I have thousands
of feet available to me through woods and underbrush.  The neighbor, a
former ham,  gave me permission to use his land in this way, but it wouldn't
be politic to run the wire across his front yard!