Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: 960

On 1-Nov-07, at 1:08 PM, Jim Renfrew wrote:

> Jim Renfrew, Holley NY
>
> I think 960 will be a good channel to watch, with CHNS now off, and
> CFFX soon to follow.  It was pretty amazing to me that the dominant
> 960 station in Newfoundland now is Radio Reloj.  I'd have to say
> KMA is a regular now where I live now, and I even logged it in
> Newfoundland last week.  Too bad there isn't a strong Brazilian to
> fill the gap.

When I was a student in Waterloo Ontario in the late 1970's/early 1980's
we had a local on 960 (call escapes me at the moment; was located in
Cambridge ON
but moved to FM many years ago. Even so, the signal from WFIR Roanoke
Virginia was
so potent it was heard under the local any decent night. Does WFIR
still have a
potent signal to the north?

73,

Deane McIntyre VE6BPO