Re: [IRCA] Radio Shack 12 volt 5 ah battery

Re: [IRCA] Radio Shack 12 volt 5 ah battery

Thanks Dennis. Yes, the R8 takes 2A and also according to Craig earlier
the car battery charges are not good. It looks like your walwart 12V
idea is a good one. I may even have one around here somewhere. However,
if you are not careful you could overcharge with a walwart I presume as
it does not shut itself down. I wonder if there is a power supply that
would cut itself off at full charge?  Maybe even one of those $40 back
up's they sell at auto part stores to start the car plugged into the
lighter. Another idea might to just run a wire outside and when the
power goes off to hook the wires up to the car battery, but if the
weather was nasty, that might not be a great option.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager