Re: [IRCA] WDDZ-550 off again, sweeper noted

Re: [IRCA] WDDZ-550 off again, sweeper noted

> Are you implying the 10 Watt test sweep is cooming from WDDZ?

Yes.

The consultant had that oscillator connected directly to the cable that
feeds their antenna system.

I ran the SDR spectrum capture program overnight.  It seems WDDZ wasn't back
on until 5:30am or so.  I have hours to go through.  That sweeper was there
much of the time.  There may be more of this in the next couple of weeks as
well.

Heard the end of the World Series game on WDEV-550, and their sign-off was
around 1:30am.  They give a fair bit of station info, and then the National
Anthem.  I think it's been years since I heard a fulltimer with a normal
sign-off.

St. Kitts-555 is in strong during the whole evening, quite listenable
actually.  They are masked by the WDDZ audio otherwise.  Nice to hear them.
They were equal or better than Turks and Caicos-530 much of the time.

So, I have some hours of SDR captures to go through.  I'll skim through the
times when the sweeper is running.  That is a real pest here, even for ten
watts at about five miles.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI