[IRCA] TPs Oct 18: Another Good CC Morning

[IRCA] TPs Oct 18: Another Good CC Morning

This morning, I was up almost three hours before dawn and the CCs
were already rolling in. Over all, they were not up to the
levels/quality of the past few mornings.  Things above 1000 seemed
somewhat down, especially.  That being said, it was still pretty
wonderful.  The UNID CC on 837 was in well and I got a decent
recording at TOH, so there is a good chance of solving that mystery
soon.  I also had CC for the first time ever on 720, but could not
find a // before it faded.  I think that it was CNR2, which has
multiple tx here.

Like most of us, I've continued to watch 1053 and I think that I
heard Radio Veritas in the Philippines..... I could send a tentative
report, but I think that I'll keep trying, as I only had about a
minute of good talk plus some music... no ID.

The Chinese on 774 and 828 were almost totally dominant over the JJs
and CNR1 was in again, tho' weakly on 540. The other mystery was
fairly late beneath 1530, KFBK.  A guy in an Asian language was
wildly haranguing a crowd. He was so emotional, so wound up and
talking so fast that I had no chance to ID the language. I'm sure
that it wasn't JJ... other than that.....

I'm afraid that the Wellbrook plus these wonderful conditions have
allowed me to pretty well DX out the easy and semi-hard Alaskan
stations.... but I'm still trying for more!  This morning very late I
was hoping to catch something on 1 of 4 channels where there is a
good bit of interference, mostly just to my east.  I figgered that
there would be a short window of time through which Alaska would
still propagate but after the semi-locals had been wiped out (or at
least diminished) by the sun. I was bouncing around among the four
channels and (very luckily) accidently had the recorder running. Just
as I hit 1230, a female announcer gave a full ID and slogan for the
station in Sitka, in Alaska's Panhandle! They the started a song and
I got about half of that before things dropped back into the
furball....  The first letter of the call happened immediately as I
tuned to the frequency!  Wow.  Sitka is fairly close, but there are
11 local stations in Washington and Oregon and three over the border
in BC and western Alberta that are all in that mix, too. Pure blind
luck, but I'll count that one as HEARD!

Raining hard here with windstorm to come.... welcome to the NW in the fall!

John B.