[IRCA] TPs October 17

Another good, mostly Chinese morning. Its hard to believe, but I've
heard three new (to me) CNR1 stations after all of these years...
this week has brought me 540, 837 and, today, 1539. Chuck heard them
at QCI, but they are totally new for me.  They were only in for about
15 minutes, but quite nicely during that time.  The other high point
was hearing the Thai synchros on 864 that are //891.  It was a
fluke... there was a very strident voiced woman on 864 with quite a
multi-tx echo.... I looked through PAL and the most likely source was
Thailand //891, so I hopped to 891 and there she was! Both signals
were fairly weak, but she was sure on both channels.  As soon as the
program shifted to someone else, the whole thing fell apart.

In general, the upper band seemed weaker today, while the low band
held up well.

This sure is a FINE season!

John B.