[IRCA] Chinese, Chinese, Chinese

What a morning! You name the frequency there was a Chinese there. So
many, I could not check out every one. Chinese overload to say the
least. What I like to have, is a month of mornings like this.
  My first stop for Chinese was at 1352 where I had almost armchair copy
of what I believe was the Beijing News station 1026. quite stong at
times.Then at 1359, the time pips for the Shandong News station on 918
plus the echo of the relays.
  540 was armchair copy at 1405 with CNR1.  531 has Chinese, 549, 558
under JOCR, and on and on. It was unbelieveable! One of the best
mornings I have every had for Chinese.
  A couple other highlights of the morning was a decent copy of JOIR
1260 topping the channel for a time at 1414 with a gal in Japanese. I
may try a tentative CD report.
  Also 1467 had a man at 1424 in Thai, fair to poor and beautiful Thai
music sung by a YL at 1425. Listed as 100 KW. I have seen this one
listed by DU DXers through the years, but I never had a peep out of it
until this morning The secret was the phaser. Without the two EWEs
phased, not a peep. Especially the upper part of the dial, where the
phaser really did the trick.
   I also had what sounded like Korean on 1422, but the accent was not a
Korean sounding station, but it was too poor to make much out. No
Koreans listed, but a CRI station on 1422, but no mention of KK, so I
don't have a clue on that one.
Earlier I had JORF quite decent, but later, no JORF just what sounded
like Korean.
   Thailand was quite nice on 891 during most of the morning too. But at
1424 when checking 1467 for //, I did not hear the same programming. The
same language but not //.
   At 1345 I also caught Voice of Vietnam Net 2 on 549 as well as their
Net 1 on 675.
   That phaser has opened up a new door for the FE here on the coast.
The issue of IBOC has changed things alot. If it wasn't for IBOC (I hate
to admit "anything" good that has come out of this!), but I would
probably had not hooked up the phaser in the mornings as the dial is
loaded with TP stuff anyway, but hooking up the phaser has killed most
of the IBOC to the South  and has changed the directivity of the lobe,
so I am hearing a lot of new stations. I had thought I had pretty much
DXed out the Oregon coast from being at the dials here the better part
of 40 years, but there is a new world with the phaser.  Thanks to that,
I have logged several new catches including the two Japanese I had not
logged because of co-channel US QRM, JOER-1350 & JOIR-1260.
   Hopfully many more to come. All I can say is "Wow! What a morning.!!
I had to look outside to make sure I was still on the Oregon coast. I
thought for a while, someone pulled my house over to the Far East and I
did not know it! hi.
   How to sort through the cassette.

73,

Patrick