[IRCA] TPs Oct 10: A Good and Mysterious Morning

[IRCA] TPs Oct 10: A Good and Mysterious Morning

Folks,

Conditions were very good and I heard a number of things that have me
puzzled.  Unfortunately, each of the mysteries was only there for a
little while and I'll have to do more checking. Some examples:

783: Two signals and the dominant sounded Vietnamese. No ID and its
been almost 40 years since I heard a lot of Vietnamese.... more
listening required. Probably VOV2, a first for here, if true.

810: Chinese, probably Zhejiang, but no ID.  Would be a first from here.

837: A real party here. Early, this was JOQK, by itself. Mid-Dawn was
CNR1// 5030 by itself. Late was another Asian language, by itself. It
was possibly a south China dialect, but not // 5030. I've a recording
of that and will try to ID the language.

909: Had Chinese here. All we heard at QCI, or me here or Grayland
has been Japanese. Possibly Tianjin News.

999 Chinese peaked to very good level for a very short time... best
guess would be Liaoning, which is close and powerful. Unfortunately
too short for even a tentative.

1053: Korean (semi-normal) plus CC... possibly Jilin, on the border
with North Korea.  Will have to watch this

1269: Hokkaido Broadcasting Co. repeaters. Heard these at QCI, but
never here, before.

Needless to say, it was a really good JJ, KK, CC morning.

I took a look for Alaskans that I have not heard and was rewarded by
hearing KGTL-620 Homer again (2nd time) over semi-local Vancouver,
WA/Portland and KDLG-670 Dillingham late after KBOI, Boise
Flamethrower had faded and phased down. There are still at least a
half-dozen frequencies that I'm able to null the southern dominant to
noise but I've yet to hear the Alaskan.

BIG CONGRATULATIONS TO PATRICK MARTIN ON HEARING KBRW IN THE MIDDLE
OF THE NIGHT..  I can null KNBR, San Francisco better than Patrick,
thanks to being a lot further north... I'm gonna set my Total
Recorder for TOH.... or maybe Patrick's logging time and see what I
can do unattended.... Hummmmm.

John B.