Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Random thoughts on IBOC

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Re: Random thoughts on IBOC

In a message dated 10/4/2007 3:45:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
wb2bjh@xxxxxxxxx writes:

>>   The plus-size soprano won't be singing at all this  season, I don't
think, and until she does, we're just going to have to deal  with it as
best we can, and hopefully develop some new techniques or tools  to help
out.   <<

I  certainly agree with that. At the same time, I cannot help but feel that
this  DX season will be a slow period for growth in the number of IBOC stations
on  air. If it is one thing that he Citadel situation has pointed out, it is
that  there are serious technical problems that have to be addressed. If I was
a  fence-sitting broadcaster, this would be all the incentive that I would
need  to at least keep fence sitting, and possibly to step away from the  whole
situation. This is going to be a lot better season to DX than we thought  it
would be when the rules were published in the Federal Register back on  August
14. Time for DXers to be DXers-- keep at the dials, look for  reportable
interference, exchange information, and as  Russ says "hopefully develop some new
techniques or tools to help  out."

>>     I really don't see much point to  continuing to repeat the same points
over and over and over again on the  lists - at this point it'a only
going to provide more fodder for the IBOC  advocates on the broadcast
boards and elsewhere.      <<

Again, I agree. Let's spend some time enjoying our hobby. We still have  one.
73     Bill Dvorak     Madison  WI