[IRCA] Random thoughts on IBOC

Random thoughts on IBOC.

I am still skeptical and a recent quote about the Citadel suspension of
nighttime IBOC corroborates this. I believe that the powers that be
believe that digital in some form is inevitable on the AM band and that
the interference issue is nothing more than a speed bump on the way to
attaining that goal. That is why our complaints may seem to be falling
on deaf ears.  These people believe that if you tweak and change the
system enough, it will eventually work. In other words, they have not
been convinced that this will not work.

But I have to wonder, can you make a silk purse out of a pig's ear. I
believe that no matter what is put in place, stations will lose
coverage, even if they are using a pure digital mode because of skywave
and mutual interference? The suits have not accepted the fact that the
raw material, the AM band itself, is not conducive to digital radio
especially without a major revamping of allocations and stations going
off the air. Is that what they really want?

--
Bill Harms
Elkridge, Maryland

Check out the Spokane Radio History Pages
http://spokaneradio.philcobill.com

and the Spokane Radio Tower Pages
http://spokanetowers.philcobill.com