Re: [IRCA] The beginning of the end - of IBOC

Joe Miller, KJ8O wrote:

> 1) The e-mail did not state whether it was all IBOC or
> nighttime IBOC. I checked WJR at 2:30 this afternoon,
> and it was still going. Will check again after dark.

Nighttime only. IBOC will remain on the AM stations during daylight hours.

> 2) Citadel has 177 FM and 66 AM stations in their
> system. A visit at the corporate website did not
> mention anything ( www.citadelradio.com ) about IBOC,
> period. Nothing about having it, not having it, had
> it, etc. But then corporate websites (in general) very
> rarely talk about their failures.

There are really two Citadels right now - the "little Citadel" that was
the original company, and the former ABC stations that came into the
fold a few months ago. The interference issues have been with the former
ABC stations - KGO, KABC, WLS, WABC, WJR, etc.

> We'll just have to wait it out for the oversized
> soprano.

That we will. This is another step in the process...too soon to say if
this is the beginning of something bigger or not. We'll see how it all
plays out.