Re: [IRCA] CBC on 1250

Paul Walker wrote:
> Ok, now I'm completely lost.
>
> Not only do I NOT know what half the abbreivations used in this email are,
> but I have NO idea what Patrick is rpelying to, as I can see any previous
> conversation in the form of quotes.

<translation>
There was a French language Canadian Broadcasting Corporation (station) on
1250 in (the) Province (of) Quebec, but they would be in French.  I would
think if they are still there, CBGA-1 (on 540)...
</translation>

Languages are often abbreviated like:
EE - English
SS - Spanish
PP - Portuguese
FF - French
GG - German
AA - Arabic
CC - Chinese
KK - Korean
RR - Russian
TT - Tagalog

Canadian provinces are less familiar to US denizens, but PQ - Quebec, MB -
Manitoba, etc..

Just takes some experience..

Maybe it's time to make up an abbreviations list.  If someone wants to do
that, I'll post it on the am-dx.com site for others to use.  CAT?  Got some
time?

And some emails to the list are very much delayed, while others pop right
through.  Seems a coin toss as to what gets through and when.  Sometimes
makes a thread hard to follow.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI

... Sent at 7:30AM EDT