Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Richard Wood has died

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] Richard Wood has died

I was very sad to hear of the passing of Richard  Wood.  Although I never met
him, I remember his many IRCA DX reports from  Hawaii in 1969-71, with
astonishing catches like my local, KTNT-1400.   Especially, I had interest in his
foreign language ability, and have since tried  hard in studying Japanese and
Cantonese, perhaps in admiration.

     When I rejoined IRCA earlier this year, I received  a friendly 2-page
handwritten letter from Dr. Wood, simply because I mentioned  his name in a
Forum posting.  He will be very much missed here.

                      73,  Gary