Re: [IRCA] Stopping HD Radio

--- "Karl J. Zuk" <karlzuk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> After many days of thought, and nearly zero replies
> from the e-mails I have sent General Managers and
> Engineering departments of the offending stations, I
> have decided to change my attack.
>
> Please write to the SALES DEPARTMENT of the stations
> you can't listen to. Write to the station's
> advertisers. Let them know that HD Radio is misery.
> The WABC web site claims reception in 38 states and
> Canada. Is this still true?

SO WHAT??  There is NO revenue coming from those other
states. And that 38  claim hasn't been true in
decades.

> I hate this mess!   Karl Zuk

Well stations aren't broadcasting FOR your DX'ing
pleasure. Skywave was  / is there and won't go away.
It can also be an aggravation close in to the station
because of groundwave / skywave cancellation.  I don't
care for HD as it really is an outdated and data bit
starved / reduced mode, and even under perfect
condtions it isn't as good as analog. Right now power
levels are 1% of analog, but with the modulation cycle
even wiith no audio is 100%. That's why it creates
such a mess. The laughable thing is on the
clears...the adjacents IBOC prevents each others IBOC
from decoding at night. I guess THAT is poetic
justice.
If your post mark is NOT in the local area, the letter
goes in the trash. It won't have ANY effect unless
they CAN VERIFY and PROVE a LOCAL reception problem as
WBAL is getting from WTAM. Just as WBT gets
interference from WTAM  and KMOX.  They will just
write you off as a sour grapes DX'er !

Powell somewhere in the woods near Silverstreet, SC

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net