Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting

Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC - reposting

When I worked at KVAS Astoria as a kid in the early 70s, I just missed
an FCC visit (In those days they did not have to call for an appt like
today). Fortunately the boss and owner of the station was there and
Chuck ran a tight ship, so no issues. But I can understand as a young
person the FCC visit being scary. I got a visit when I was in college by
the FCC. Oh yes, I had a pirate. it was off the air at the time, but I
did get a stern letter from them. There was a toughie of the Northwest,
Grant Tinkler of Portland.  Bob interviewed him in the 90s. He was
retired and an older man by that time. But he went strictly by the book
and handed out fines left and right. That was in the days when almost
every city had a field office and little got by the FCC.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager