Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WBAL contact information

Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] WBAL contact information

KAZ,

You are right. My non-DXer friends would never listen to fading, static,
IBOC noise on the radio. This IBOC hiss has people tuning out by the
thousands I'll bet. I remember driving to Portland with Bob's sister a
few years ago and I tuned in  the oldies station on 97.1 (Used to be
KKSN) in Portland. Well out here on the coast, the signal does fade
because of the mountains. OK to listen to for me, but I had the station
tuned in when I picked them up in my van and it was coming in fairly
decent, but we started to move and multpath and the like, Marilyn asked
to change stations for a while or turn the radio off. Once we got 30
miles up in the mountains, maybe 50 from Polrtland if that, Marilyn
wanted KKSN tuned back in. She said they never listen to KKSN in Seaside
because of the bad signal. That is FM, but AM is worse with the noise.

73,

Patrick

Patrick Martin
KAVT Reception Manager