Re: [IRCA] TPs for 09-24-07

At 13:27 24/09/2007, you wrote:

>Listened from 1145-1325 ut.  August was better than this morning here.

Most odd, Dennis....my impression with a very short period of
monitoring (going to work, I can't recommend it) was that it was
pretty good.  Also, the propagation monitor said that 594 was the
strongest it's been this season, but it was a fairly short
enhancement, around  15 minutes for the peak, though from out of the
noise until back again was closer to an hour...

The peak here was at 1337UT.  If the peak is directly correlated to
sunrise then your peak would have been 4 minutes later, say 1341, but
you stopped listening at 1325.    You'd think you'd have heard the
peak starting even then, but in that last 16 minutes,  there was a 9
dB increase, enough to put an overseas signal a good ways above the splatter.

best wishes,

Nick