Re: [IRCA] HD Radio - WGN response

I think it pays to remember that engineers have bosses, and in making
statements to others, it makes a difference that they represent their
employers.
The note from WGN's engineer was as gracious and informative as it could be.
I know an excellent engineer who had to make remote broadcasts sound low-fi
because his bosses felt audiences wouldn't believe a broadcast was from a
remote location if it sounded good.
Did he want to do it? I doubt it, but he just shrugged and said, "That's
what they paid me to do."
As we all know, radio is very different from what it was, say, in the 60s
and 70s.
Lots of folks just do the best they can, knowing that it isn't what it used
to be.
I'm not claiming that's the attitude of the WGN engineer, but a big part of
radio is PR, and I wouldn't assume he's being disingenuous just because he
makes the statements he does.
--
Rick