Re: [IRCA] HD Radio - WGN response

Well, that pretty much takes the Cubs off the car radio...no, wait.  XM will
take care of that for me.  So this only takes WGN off the car radio.  Well,
nice.

Interesting, though, that WGN is one of the once clear stations that I would
listen to with some frequency, but the broadcast industry and the FCC don't
see a need for that any longer.

Strangely, I've never heard WOR here, save for the buzz on 700 and 720.

A most interesting response.  A problem that never existed was given a cure
that no one seems to want.  Like being able to get something to eat 24 hours
a day or driving from Philly to Daytona and only stopping for gas, radio
stations that covered 38 states were something great about America.  I
suppose this means that we'll have to keep an eye on the hours at Denny's
next, and see if I-95 is redesignated as a series of local toll roads.  A
national treasure once, our great radio stations, infected now with some
kind of slow spreading blindness that no doctor can cure.

I don't suppose the simple fact that vinyl record sales are slowly going up
has any relevance.  That archaic, analog format once condemned to the same
scrap heap as Edison's wax cylinders and playtapes, is enjoying a bit of a
revival.  Mostly because of the quality of the content and the ambience it
provides the listener, of course.  Not germane to the discussion of digital
radio, not at all.

GerryB
Niceville, FL