Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC

--- Neil Kazaross <neilkaz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Unfortunately gents, in most cases, and I am not
> referring to HSFB or an
> occasional other local sports event, many stations
> continue to operate with
> day rig at night, or in some cases simply don't
> bother to sign off at all,
> including some of those with no night time
> authorizations.

> Remember WEBS 1030 in GA, well a couple mails to WBZ
> solved the problem with
> them a few years ago as WBZ took care of it with a
> couple of phone calls.

I had an email chat with Mark Manuelian the CBS
engineer at WBZ and he called them and thrilled them
greatly with special threats from their attorneys.
Remember when that station in the Carribean decided to
split the difference between 1020 and 1030. Mark
wanted a recording. I fired up the pre WW II
Hallicrafters SX-28, narrowed the bandwidth down and
provided him with 90 minutes of audio. He was looking
for US Toll Free #'s to prove they were aiming at the
US. BANG! NAIL! HEAD! HAMMER!  With that they got them
to move back to 1020 and give KDKA and WBZ less
problems. The het was affecting WBZ even in the local
area.

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net