Re: [IRCA] KGO Analog only

--- Bill Harms <philcobill@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Actually, I was addressing the whole idea of IBOC
> requiring a delay. You
> stated that stations shut off IBOC during ballgames
> because of the
> delay. Since the station in question here also
> turned off IBOC because
> of the delay indicates that it is a wider problem
> than just ballgames.
> And yes, I understand about the need for a delay to
> keep profanity etc.
> off the air.

Processing time in the digital domain. As computer
speed increases and the software or eventually
evolves, the delay will be minimized. You could turn
the delay off in the analog, but then switching
between HD and analog would cause lots of
complaints....maybe the only listener.....

Powell

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net