Re: [IRCA] Cheater term and the FCC

The FCC decision regarding implementation of nighttime IBOC resulted from
political pressure from the radio industry.  BPL (broad band over power
line) was also implemented through political pressure from the power
utilities.  If IBOC doesn't collapse from the weight of its own problems, as
BPL seems to be doing, it will take pressure equal to and opposite in
direction to get change made.  If  IBOC or power cheating are interfering
with the reception of a station, dx or otherwise, there is nothing
counterproductive in respectfully complaining to the offending station,
alerting the affected station, and the FCC.   If one complains to the
offending station, folks like Mr. Ray can no longer honestly proclaim to the
press "I only got one complaint.  It was from someone in Maryland."
Complaints make bureaucracy uncomfortable.  Complaints from dxers will
bolster complaints from affected stations. It wouldn't hurt to write a
letter to your Congressman or Senator regarding IBOC interference and FCC's
apparent attitude.

Unlike John Q. Public, diligent Congressional staffers are a phone call away
from the right person at a Federal agency.  Last thing opponents want is for
some staffer to call the FCC, and for the FCC to respond "this is news to
us.  We haven't had the first complaint."    If we don't complain, who will?
  If no one rocks the boat, don't expect a change of course.  The more
stations that invest in IBOC, the harder it will be politically to eliminate
it.

 73 Gil NN4CW