Re: [IRCA] [NRC-AM] 940 WGRP PA and CINW Montreal

On Saturday 22 September 2007 21:12, saulamdx wrote:
> There is no way WGRP Greenville PA, which IDed and
> included WLOA Farrell in the ID, is the two watts
> listed in the last NRC directory. 100000watts.com
> lists as 1000. I haven't yet ordered the new NRC log
> so I am wondering if they got a power boost at night.
> Anyhow, they have Sporting news radio at 2105 ELT and
> are tearing into Montreal which - get this - has music
> right now - Saturday Night Soul. Guess the talk format
> doesn't hold for them 24/7.

I've noticed them a number of times recently too.  With 940 being a
Canadian clear channel, and WGRP having a north-directed pattern,
there's no way they'd get a power increase.  I'd have no hesitation
in using the "c-word" to describe this one!

Another one in this category is WTTC-1550, heard night after night
under CBE here... 4 Watts?  I think not.

Barry

--
Barry McLarnon  VE3JF  Ottawa, ON