Re: [IRCA] Canadian 1270 ID help

At 04:13 22/09/2007, you wrote:
>Tofino LPRT was a pest at Grayland WA DXped a year ago... 73 KAZ

Gee, I thought the Tofino LPRT had moved to FM years ago, Neil;
Ucluelet is still MW on 540 kHz, serving Grayland along with many
other coastal locations.

Regarding the mystery 1270, in May 2006, Deane MacIntyre posted the
following on this list:

>CBRU-1270 Squamish BC has applied to move to FM (98.3 MHz,
>1.55 kW), due to the termination of the lease for the AM tx site
>effective 24 July
>2006. CBRU is a relay of CBU-690 Vancouver, and was on 1260 with 40
>watts for
>many years. When the Chilliwack station on 1270 moved to FM, CBRU was
>able
>to move to 1270 using 400 watts day/ 200 watts night. I think that
>several DXer's
>including Pat Martin have received QSL's from CBRU-1270  over the
>past couple of
>years. Get them while you can as they will be silent effective 24 July.
>
>Speaking of 1270, CHAT-1270 Medicine Hat AB went off the air about a
>month ago (moved to FM) so this should make CBRU easier to log.

In spite of this, I wonder if CBRU remained on....Pete Taylor heard
them in September 2006....I'll check tomorrow to see if there's any
long haul groundwave that can be DF'd.

Nick