Re: [IRCA] Foreign QSL postage info

> From: vroomski@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [IRCA] Foreign QSL postage info.
> To: irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> I plan on sending off reports for QSLs toVirgin
> Radio 1215 and France 1377 soon.  How do I handle
> the return postage. In the old days a couple IRC's
> would do the trick.  When I sent my last report off
> to Norway 1314 I enclosed some nice US postage
> stamps and a couple of dallors.  Any help would be
> appreciated.

Dennis,

I enclosed one IRC with each report to the Radio
France stations.  Have used this method of rp with the
Spanish stations, too.

As for Virgin-1215, I used mint stamps with my report
to them.  I have since discovered that there is an
online reception report form on Virgin Radio's
website, and they indicate they don't require return
postage for a QSL.  Given the fact that I have been
unsuccesful in garnering a QSL from them after 10
years of trying - which have included several
followups, recordings of my reception, and even one
report personally taken to their offices by a friend
visiting London - I'd certainly recommend this method,
so as not to waste postage.

Good luck with your pursuit of those QSLs!

73,

J.D. Stephens
Hampton Cove, AL