Re: [IRCA] A bad night for hash in upstate NY

My reply embedded below:

----- Original Message ----
From: Scott Fybush <scott@xxxxxxxxxx>

Disappointing, on many fronts...and one wonders how much worse it might
get in, say, mid-December.

That's to put it mildly. The answer is a LOT worse.   NOW I HAVE NO RELIABLE NIGHT SIGNALS TO LISTEN TO.  I DO NOT have ANY primary or secondary night service in Silverstreet, not even groundwave thatt I can use.   WKDK after dark is audible but not listenable (for music) So I am pissed to say the least. I USED to listen to Coast to Coast before I went to sleep. NOT anymore. WLAC sounds like a vaccum cleaner is run by my head.  Where the ICF-2010 sits it can't be moved to ATTEMPT to null WTWP.  As for FM, the system is obsolete. Data rate is too low. 1% power is way too low. Then there was talk of raising power to 2%.  Now there's talk of 10%.  That means replacing the transmitters. 2% power is doable at some sites. When you get into the 10% range there WILL be interference. But down here anyone who is using secondaries....it's the same old crap they have elsewhere. WFBC is running comedy. It sounds worse than a SHAKY 24,000 baud dial up. WCOS has the
 same artist / song in the display. It's been that way for days on end. This is on the HD2. They are running a semi form of classic country but not the really old good hits. The only thing the HD radio is for is listening to an adjacent that carries something I want to hear....well....used to ..... the Braves on Clemson's 104.9.  HD at 10% will take care of that.  It surely isn't good for decoding on a reliable basis ONE station and if I want to hear more I need a tower and rotor and an APS-13..... maybe.

More ranting and venting to come later.

NNNN
POP email is powell at backroads  DOT     net