[IRCA] Shorter BOGs

> I can nicely phase southerly QRM..ie made Winnipeg rather dominant on 1290
> etc etc. Unfortunately the longest I can get is about 295 ft or so but
this
> will still be fine for the high end.

In Victor Misek's book he shows a shortened wire antenna.  It was done by
setting it out in a zigzag fashion.  The wire length was pretty long, but it
didn't take as much real estate.  If the BOG were run in a zigzag fashion
across the field, I wonder if it would approximate a longer antenna?
Another way might be to use cotton clothesline rope.  Then just loop the
wire up so some sagged down.  Probably could get a thousand feet of wire in
a couple hundred feet or so of land.  Loaded antennas are common in
verticals, so maybe the same sort of thing could work in a horizontal wire.

Craig Healy
Providence, RI