Re: [IRCA] IBOC

Should AM/FM cease to exist, it becomes another example of eating our seed
corn and/or selling it to lowest bidders.

 We're seeing the transition from free to third-party paid systems. AM and FM
are free. Sat radio isn't. In addition to ground-based talent, you need the
guy with the satellite, and cash.

  Of course, 'New Economy' is disruption-proof. Everyone makes a million a
week, our 'partners-in-prosperity' love us, thus nothing can go wrong.

   Transition to total digital means interminable updates, glitches,
downtime, consultants, lock-ups, crashes, and similar joys germane to 'our inevitable
digital future'.

 "New" or "Tapeworm Economy" contrives endless problems for endless profit.

Guess who pays? Surely not those awaiting their third four-hundred foot
yacht, 'manned' by a crew of twelve year old boys. The swells are 'above it all',
y'see.

Books require no power beyond a mind to appreciate them. Older ones will do
just fine.

BigRadio gambled and lost. They fired talent, aired dull faire, lied about
interference, told fanciful HD tales, and greaszed off those who would enforce
the law against them.

But they couldn't circumvent the Law of Unintended Consequences.

Feel their pain.

paul vincent zecchino
manano consequence key, fl

"Feed it to the gimp.