[IRCA] Last Night's TAs

Right before bed last night, I thought I'd turn on the
E1 w/ the Quantum Loop to see if I could get the
carrier on 1215. At about 0415 UTC I got solid
carriers on both 1206 & 1215. Encouraged by these
results, I thought I'd try 1134. I was very pleasantly
surprised (to put it mildly, hi!) when I got audio of
a woman speaking for about 5-7 minutes. I was riveted
there for 5-7 minutes when the thought occurred to me
to record this. By the time I went downstairs to fetch
a tape recorder, the signal had faded back to a
carrier. Previously, I occasionally only heard a
carrier on 1134. To quote Pat in one of his recent
posts, turn the radio on, you might be surprised at
what you might hear. Indeed! What a treat hearing that
fleeting bit of TA audio from CO!

73 and best of DX to all

Craig Barnes
Wondervu, CO