From: "WALTER SALMANIW" <salmaniw@xxxxxxx>
To: <irca@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2007 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: [IRCA] TA's on the West Coast - Sept 17th (UTC)

Heard here last night, Faroe Islands and Switzerland 2 possiblilities with
the former being most likely.

Quick check-in from Masset, QCI DXpedition #1. TAs everywhere last
night with great audio on many many frequencies. My first night here
listening (15 Sept) was fabulous with 1215 owned by Spain with Virgin
way under. This was late, so I missed the best, and only had a basic
mini-Beverage aimed due N/S. 16th was terrible with only 3 audios
including Virgin on 1215. Last night was, the put it mildly, was
nothing short of spectacular with probably easily 30 or 40 audios.
1215 again was dominated by Spain. Bruce Portzer is preparing a report
now that I'll copy and paste shortly. Dial-up connection here, so
things will have to be very basic for a while! Cheers from the QCI
antenna farm (we're up to 5 now, and are preparing a 6th which will be
a Greenland aimed Beverage! Others are: Broadband corner fed loop
aimed 40/220 degrees (I flip the sides each night), BOG to Asia (hot!),
BOG at 40/220 degrees (just replaced after inadvertently having it at
80/260), N/S Mini Beverage, and just completing a Wellbrook phased
array for 30/210 degrees. This has been great so far. Chuck Hutton,
Bruce Portzer and yours truly are here now, while John Bryant and Guy
Atkins arrive tonight.........Walt Salmaniw, Masset, BC