Re: [IRCA] DX Heaven....

At 07:11 AM 9/13/2007, you wrote:
>How about staying in the U.S. for residence and then working on dual
>citizenship from here? I guess it isn't all that easy to become a
>citizen of the U.S. these days either.
>
>73,
>
>Patrick
I'd say, Patrick, about the only way would be to have a Canadian partner and then try for Canadian citizenship.  Even there, the authorities look for "marriages of convenience" and often delay granting citizenship for a few years.
Otherwise, the way to go is as a business investor.  You have to have a certain high level of $$ (not sure, but perhaps into the millions) to invest, etc.  This attracted a lot of Hong Kong Chinese back when it reverted to Chinese
ownership.  Not sure how active that one is.  Mainly, Canada grades it's immigrants based on skills, and whether or not those skills are needed in Canada.  Other factors like knowledge of English or French, age, etc are also
an important source.  Finally, you can always claim refuge status.....a rather big scam for a lot of people in years past.  Then you can appeal and appeal and appeal if you're turned down !  ..........Walt.