Re: [IRCA] Patrick's DX Heaven

> 54 miles North of Grayland, WA there is 40 acres of land for sale
> near the town of Queets.  The price is $119,500.  Property taxes
> are $63.00 a year.

A prospective buyer should make sure there is no "homesteading"
(as it is known in Fla.) in place that has kept the tax rate
artificially low. This sounds really low to me. Would a buyer
face a huge increase, as is happening right now in Fla.?

Also make sure there are no development rights or mineral
rights issues. Can you market the lumber? (prospective
income stream?) What road access do you have? 4-wheel?

> It's located near the ocean (yards) on a heavily forest piece of land.
>  The acreage is located on the Quinault Indian Reservation.

That's another thing. Are you limited in how you can use the land
or what you put on it? What rights do the Quinault retain?

>  Looks like the nearest AM stations are the two in Aberdeen,
> WA, 42 miles as the crow flies. Below is a link.
>
> Dennis,
> Vancouver, WA

I like the Western Australia concept. Never been there. Probably
no 1 on my "wish list" for places to see before I die. I would
give that some serious thought. I doubt however you could
import your gun collection (if you have one), they are pretty
squirrelly about Americans and their gun collections, hi. (just
kidding around, a little bit)

Can't see any advantage to going to Guam. Is that just because it
is a US territory, and far away?

- Bob