Re: [IRCA] Patrick's DX Heaven

> An article (not an ad) in the Pulitzer Prize Winning San Diego fishwrap last
> weekend was touting incredibly low home prices in Newfoundland.  The article
> stated that one could buy a nice cottage for $20K.  Sounded way too good to
> be true... but what a nice place to set up a DX "timeshare!"

Up here in the N.W. 20K buys the dog house... or part of the
patio... or pays the real-estate agents commission...

We are currently house hunting with anything between
2 and .3 of an acre being suitable for stringing
at least one wire... and 20K is about 1/20th of the
starting point up here.

What you need to keep in mind about Newfoundland is
that it is inhospitable about 240 days of the year
and the remaining 125 days are merely miserable.

If you love endless fog, driving rain more painful
than acupuncture and winds that flash-freeze your bones,
then maybe Newfoundland is for you.

--
Colin Newell - Editor/Creator - CoffeeCrew.Com | DXer.CA